Below are some helpful links we’ve found around North Carolina. Please let us know if they help or if we’re missing any and we will keep it updated. We tried to categorize them into helpful categories.
IMPORTANT: This website is meant to be a source of information only. It is NOT legal advice.
- 10 Basic Steps in Special Education
- Brief Summary of the Education Rights of Children with Disabilities by the Children’s Law Clinic at the Duke University School of Law
- Laws Supporting the Education of Pregnant and Parenting Students in North Carolina by the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina
- School Discipline Law Affecting NC Public School Students by the Children’s Law Clinic at the Duke University School of Law
- Legal Aid of North Carolina’s Tips on Dealing with Financial Matters
- MDC a non-profit whose goals are to improve educational and economic opportunities in the South has several initiatives that help.
- The Benefit Bank, with tools to see what benefits you may be eligible to receive.
- Community Reinvestment Association of North Carolina
- Community Success Initiative
- It Starts With U Foundation, re-entry transition support services to formerly incarcerated people in Edgecombe County
- North Carolina Department of Commerce, North Carolina Division of Workforce Development
- Federal Bonding Program
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- The American Bar Association’s Law Issues for Consumers- Juvenile Criminal Law
- The North Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Legal Aid Of North Carolina- provides free legal representation to low-income people in civil matters including housing, family and employment law.
- North Carolina Bar Assocation- Lawyer Referral Service
- State Public Defender, Indigent Defense Services - court appointed counsel